Here's my first victim: Hostgator
I've used a total of nine domains on this host, and I am really happy with it.
The only thing that was annoying was the first time I had a past due balance. The reason was that I changed credit cards, but forgot to update the info on my billing account. Of course when it reaches a past due status, the account is suspended. No brainer there.
Now, this wasn't the annoying part, that came afterwards. I updated the information, and paid my complete balance. Afterwards, I tried to access my account. However, the login stated that my username didn't exist. So, figuring the payment might take a while to reach their systems, I gave it up to a week. After a week though, it still didn't work.
So I contacted their customer service, via Live Chat. The person I spoke to checked the account on their end, and said it was working fine. I was told to try again, which I did in a serpate window, but still the same result. The support tech said that they would reset it on their end, and to try again after 24-48 hours. To be on the safe side, I waited the full 48 hours before I tried again. Still the same though, which is quite frustrating to say the least.
Once again, I contacted Host Gator through Live Chat. The person I had this time sent me an e-mail with instructions to reset the log-in info on my end, which was quite easy. It only took a couple minutes, but it worked. I was able to use my original log-in info as well. After that, I asked why this happened in the first place, but the technician didn't know why themselves, just assumed it was a bug on their system.
So besides that incident, I adore their hosting service. I've been with them for almost 3 years. As far as I'm aware, my sites have never been down...well, except for that incident.
Hostgator is recommended (not just by me, but a lot of people) as one of the best hosting companies on the net. Google search "Hostgator reviews" to see for yourself.
My overall rating: * * * * *
